Wednesday, March 19, 2014

What do you do with a baby!

I think I'm finally getting this baby thing down.. finally. Which means he is going to change it up on me I just know it!

 I love babies. I love Declan. I didn't realize how boring they were and what on earth do you do with them all day! I really could sit and stare all day at his precious face but then nothing would get done. The first few weeks I was healing so I had a good excuse to sit, watch TV, and just hold him and nurse but now we are at week 6 and that excuse isn't flying anymore. He is getting the hang of this nursing thing {finally} and we are stretching out our feedings a little bit so I actually can be productive with my life but there is only so much I can do with one hand!

 I'm sure all you Momma's out there will laugh but I really didn't think about what to do with a baby. I would always jump at the chance to hold my friends' babies and babysit anyone's kid but I never thought about how do you go about your day to day with a baby. Kids you can do things with. Babies just lay there, at least for the first few months. You can't just stick it in the crib all day until it needs to eat or be changed. It was a huge smack in the face the first few days after my parents left and Darren went back to work. Declan loves to be held... more like he hates not to be held {thank goodness for baby wearing}.  So how do I get the dishes done, laundry done {so much laundry!} let alone go the bathroom and make sure my baby is happy at all times {I won't be a catering parent to all my children's needs and wants when they are older... but right now keeping him happy and feeling safe and secure is my job. Happy baby. Happy Momma. Happy Family}.  Darren helps with anything I need and is never upset when he comes home and sees the dishes haven't moved but have been added to and the laundry is still not done. He makes it a point to say taking care of Declan is my number one job so everything else can wait {I sure know how to pick them!} but gosh I used to be this fantastic multitasker and kept my house clean and dishes always put away. I honestly expected to be able to do the same once the baby got here ( you can laugh) I know time will help and we will get into the swing of things. I mean it only took me 5 weeks to go out and about by myself with Declan and now I feel completely comfortable doing so! Clearly I'm figuring it out but that was not something covered in my baby books!!


Momma's little snuggler





No comments:

Post a Comment